Clean Up! ... DIY Facial Wipes to Rid & Renew
Posted Saturday April 7, 2012 9:34 AM GMT
Few things feel better than freeing your face of makeup after a long day. Despite our need, the task of rinsing often feels more like a chore than a beneficial step in our beauty routine.
Well, ladies, dread cleaning your kisser no more — not only have we found an easier solution — we found a more cost-effective option as well. Bonus!
Cosmetic cleansing wipes from the drugstore are often expensive and sometimes contain ingredients too harsh or irritating. Ready for our ultimate skin saver? Try this two-ingredient, DIY version sure to give you those clean and clear results you crave in a snap.
What you’ll need:
- 1 32-ounce plastic container
- 1 roll of paper towels (the thicker the better)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 4 cups warm water
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Take a large, non-serrated knife and cut the paper towel roll in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups of water with 1-2 Tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Add a squirt of facial cleanser into the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the 32-ounce plastic container.
- Place the cut paper towel roll into the mixture, fuzzy side down (Don’t remove the cardboard roll yet).
- Place lid on the container, turn upside-down and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and remove the cardboard paper towel roll.
By Nicole James