Quench Your Kisser with This DIY Vanilla Rose Lip Balm!
Posted Thursday July 26, 2012 12:00 PM GMT
One thing we never – we mean NEVER – leave the house without, it our trusty lip balm.
Why? Well, besides the obvious (to combat dryness for those of you who were still wondering), you just never know when you’re going to need a perfect-looking pucker for when you run into that mysterious hottie at the coffee shop; because last time we checked, chapped lips were not a good conversation starter.
While we have our fair share of preferred lip balms, this particular DIY recipe is hands (lips)-down one of the greatest. First of all, it’s totally natural, so you don’t have to worry about any harmful ingredients. Secondly, the moisture it’ll lend your kisser is out of this world amazing! They’ll be left feeling naturally kissable all day long!
So, what are you waiting for?! Pucker Up!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pearls
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 10 drops rose otto essential oil
- 5 drops vanilla absolute essential oil
- Small ½-ounce lip balm tin for storage
*Recipe yields enough for 4 tins
- Melt the beeswax, shea butter and almond butter together in the top of a double broiler (or in a heat-safe bowl placed over top a pot of simmering water.)
- Stir CONTINUOUSLY with a whisk.
- Once everything becomes liquefied, remove from heat.
- Immediately whisk in both essential oils.
- Then, distribute the mixture evenly among four tins.
- Let the balm dry until solid. About 20 – 30 minutes.
By: Jessica Bruno