Bye-Bye Build-up! Bid Farewell to Dull Strands with This DIY Scalp Treatment
Posted Friday January 4, 2013 12:15 PM GMT
As the saying goes, "New year, new you," right? Well, why not revamp yourself from the top down — starting with your mane.
Everyone knows a good hair day ensures, well, a good day. So, we're kicking 2012's residue to the curb with this DIY.
Get ready, because we're about to say bye-bye to strand-straining build-up, and hello to healthy-looking hair! The best part? This three-ingredient solution uses everyday items found in the kitchen pantry.
What you’ll need:
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- Nylon hairbrush (can be found at any local beauty store)
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Part hair into equal sections to allow easy access to the scalp.
- Using the nylon brush, apply mixture all over scalp with gentle strokes.
- Let mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Once time is up follow treatment with shampoo and conditioner.
By Nicole James