A DIY Hair Mask to Make Your Strands Healthier than Jared Leto’s
Posted Thursday March 6, 2014 1:59 PM GMT
The only thing we obsessed over more throughout awards season other than gowns and best-dressed lists were Jared Leto’s luxurious locks. Seriously, the man has incredible hair … and eyes … and style …
Anywho, the Oscar winner rocks better waves than, dare we say it, most women we know — leading us to search out a DIY tress treatment worthy of a superstar.
Behold: Coconut oil. This all-natural gem not only helps hair grow longer and stronger, but also enhances your mane's sexy shine.
Ready for a look Leto would love? (Ah, a girl can dream.) Follow the step-by-step instructions, below:
What you’ll need:
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- A hair clip
- A shower cap
- Hair dryer (optional)
**Heat encourages hair follicles to open, allowing moisturizing products to be absorbed quicker and faster.
- Scoop out a handful the coconut oil from its container.
- Flip your head upside down and begin to spread the solution throughout your hair. Saturate every part of your mane — from your roots to your tips.
- Once your tresses are covered, twist your hair up onto the top of your head and secure with a clip.
- Cover with a shower cap.
- If you choose to apply heat, keep the mask on for 15 minutes. If you go sans the hair dryer, keep on for 30 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, rinse the treatment from your hair. Shampoo and condition as normal.