DIY Hair Removal: We Bring You ‘Sugaring’
Posted Friday May 18, 2012 12:17 PM GMT
Shaving is quite possibly the most boring and monotonous beauty routine us women go through every other day – if not every day.
It’s a necessary evil though, that is unless you prefer walking around au natural – more power to ya!
One alternative many of us ladies have tried is, waxing. A process that leaves you free of razor bumps, burns or cuts (ouch!) this procedure is effective and its results last days.
However, if you have a hard time dragging yourself to the salon and paying for something you can essentially do at home, we have a little somethin’ somethin’ for you – a DIY hair removal solution called, sugaring.
This process, dubbed from its main ingredient, lends all the same results as salon procedures and is completely natural – music to our ears!
*Hair must be long enough to use this process, or else is won’t be effective – the mixture will have nothing to attach itself to. We suggest growing hair to a rice grain length. Yes, very attractive…
What you’ll need:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Water
- Baby powder
- Cotton strips
- Popsicle stick
- A pot
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture becomes a deep brown color – this will take about 40 minutes.
- Very important: Let mixture cool COMPLETELY before using, or else you will burn your skin.
- Lightly dust skin with powder to ensure dryness.
- Using the popsicle stick, spread the cooled sugar mixture onto skin.
- Lay a cotton strip over top the area you’ve applied the mixture to.
- Press firmly over top and let sit for about15-20 seconds.
- Tear off opposite direction of hair growth.
Viola! Silky, smooth skin!