Mane Attraction: Thicken Your Tresses with this DIY Volumizing Mask!
Posted Saturday May 18, 2013 6:30 AM GMT
Feeling like your limp tresses could use a pick-me-up? You’re not alone.
We all experience those days where our strands seem majorly lifeless and in need of some hair-apy.
To bring our coif back to a radiant, full-bodied state, we use an at-home hair mask that contains a banana, an egg, honey, and beer. Yes, beer.
Why alcohol? Beer possesses some serious thickening properties that will lend your mane the volume you crave. As if that weren’t enough, the refreshing after-hour drink also contains proteins that provide added shine and stability!
What you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flat beer
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mash the banana in a small bowl.
- Stir in one egg and blend until the two create a smooth mixture.
- Add the beer and honey. Mix well.
- Apply to scalp and massage into hair for about 5 minutes.
- Allow the mask to sit for an hour, then shampoo as normal.