The Ultimate DIY Scrub: Energize, De-Stress or Unwind – Take Your Pick
Posted Wednesday June 27, 2012 10:51 AM GMT
We’re all about products that multi-task. Finding an item that lends us multiple ways of utilization is like hitting the jackpot!
If you’re sitting there thinking, “me too, me too!” then you need to try this fabulous body scrub were about to introduce to you.
This incredible body cocktail possesses the power to do one of three things: lend you energy, help you de-stress or to unwind after a long day. What give it such power, you ask? Well, this scrub calls for essential oils, and depending on which one you add to the mixture will determine how the scrub will cater to you.
Add bergamot to the combo if you crave more energy, eucalyptus or spearmint if you’re stressed to the max and lavender or jasmine if you’re looking to unwind before bed. It’s easy to make, fun to experiment with and with make your skin look silky smooth – so go ahead, try it!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Seas Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Essential Oil (Bergamot to energize, Eucalyptus or Spearmint to de-stress or Lavender or Jasmine to unwind.)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until it comes to a paste-like consistency.
- Apply to moistened skin in circular motions.
- Rinse off with warm water and be sure to moisturize afterwards.