Beauty How-To: Perfect Lauren Conrad-Inspired Curls
Posted Monday June 30, 2014 11:00 AM GMT
Lauren Conrad seems to be doing it all. From reality show star, to fashion designer, to author - Lauren has undergone quite a few changes the last few years, but one thing that remains the same is her fabulous hair.
The former "Hills" babe's long blond locks are one of her best assets, and we have the scoop on how to perfect her everyday curls.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 inch curling iron
Before you begin, Lauren suggests that you start off with a good foundation. This means having a bright color that’s on tone and not brassy.
1) Separate hair. Start from the bottom of your head and pin up hair to keep out of your way. Leave about 2 inches of hair down. This is where you will begin to curl.
2) Curl. Grab a section of hair and with curling iron, curl away from face. Leave that section of hair in curling iron for about 5 seconds.
3) Pin up. With your clips, take the hair strand you just curled, and pin it up. This method will hold your curl and give your hair more bounce.
4) Repeat. When done with that section of hair, take down some more hair that’s clipped up, and repeat steps 2 and 3 until you are complete.
5) Hairspray. When completed curling hair and pinning hair up, take hairspray, and lightly spray throughout the whole head.
6) Unclip. When your hair is cool, take down pins.
7) Brush out. With hair all down, brush hair out. This will give your hair a soft, romantic texture.
8) Hairspray. Once again, spray hair with hairspray throughout whole head.