Hair-apy: A DIY Split End Treatment to Repair your Strands
Posted Thursday December 6, 2012 10:08 AM GMT
We’re no stranger to split ends. Years of using heated styling tools on our strands has really wreaked havoc on our tips … until now.
We concocted a little mixture of goodies, straight from the kitchen, that has restored a healthy shine back to our mane. If you’re in the market for a little hair-apy too, try out this revitalizing remedy:
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Tsp. honey
- Combine all three ingredients together in a small, microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat up for about 10 seconds
- Massage mixture evenly throughout dry hair (a comb is a nice tool to ensure even distribution).
- Wrap hair in a warm towel for 30 minutes, then wash hair (shampoo and condition) as normal.
By Jessica Bruno