How To Recreate Shakira's Hair Dos
Posted Friday November 25, 2011 11:01 AM GMT
At the Latin Grammy Awards, Shakira made my best hair list. The award-winner and performer sported three different looks—all glamorous—courtesy of Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte, whose a-list clientele also includes Megan Fox, Jennifer Lopez and Penelope Cruz.
Below are step-by-step instructions to recreate each ‘do on your own.
1. Wash and condition your hair with a volumizing shampoo/conditioner.
2. Then, apply a styling crème and blow-dry the hair with a large round brush.
3. Spray hair with a texturizing spray to create matte texture and the slightly undone look.
4. Gather strands into a loose, natural piece-y chignon and pin it with a mixture of bobby pins and long T pins.
5. Pull down a few loose pieces and curl them with a curling iron.
6. Set your 'do with a few spritzes of hairspray.
1. Blow out hair wit a smoothing product like Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm to create body and then twirl hair into Velcro rollers.
2. Next, separate hair into horizantal sections.
3. Curl hair with a 1 ¼ inch curling iron and pin up each curl. Each section should be curled and pinned.
4. Remove the pins after about 20 mins and brush hair off to one side with a boar bristle brush.
5. Lift bang area with a rattail comb and give it a mist of hairspray.
6. If you want, you can use a shine spray to add some glossiness to your look.
Sexy, Straight Strands:
1. Wash hair with a smoothing shampoo/conditioner.
2. Apply a volumizing mousse directly to a vent brush and comb from root to tip.
3. Use a ceramic brush to give yourself a smooth blowout.
4. Spray locks with a heat protecting product and separate into small sections.
5. Spritz hair with a texurizing spray to create matte texture and the slightly undone look.
6. Curl hair with medium to large barrel curling iron to create loose waves.
7. If you want, you can use Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to add some glossiness to your look.
8. Run your fingers through your hair and then set with hairspray to control fly-aways.
9. Tuck hair behind one ear.