Lend Your Locks the Spa Treatment with this DIY Hot-Oil Concoction
Posted Tuesday July 17, 2012 2:07 PM GMT
Given the harsh elements we endure throughout the summer – chlorine, the sun, heat, you name it - our hair takes quite the beauty beating (if you will).
In order to keep our locks looking happy and healthy, we turn to various treatments that promise such results.
While we’ve come across some real winners, others have been full of empty promises and have left our hair more damaged than anything else. However, one formula we especially love, is for a hot-oil treatment and the best part is, it’s a DIY!
Made up of two simple, everyday ingredients, this concoction will leave hair silky and packed with noticeably more shine after just one application!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Small (microwave safe) mixing bowl
- Combine ingredients into small bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pop out and stir. You may need to microwave again for an additional 30 seconds. You’re looking to achieve a warm, oil-like substance.
- Get your hair wet (not dripping wet).
- Apply mixture to the tips or your strands, working your way up to your scalp.
- Once hair is completely coated, wrap in a warm towel for 30 minutes.
- After time is up, shampoo as usual.
By: Jessica Bruno