Sleeping Beauty: How to Get Glam Waves While You Snooze
Posted Friday November 2, 2012 1:35 PM GMT
Bedhead? Forget it. We're taking beauty rest to a whole new level.
New York fashion designer Althea Harper is like many of us - always on the go, with little time to tend to her tresses.
After being called to appear as a contestant on "Project Runway All Stars," Harper knew hair time would be cut down even more.
Enter Ryan Nickulas—mane expert from Ryan Darius Salon—ready to teach three simple ways to mega glam waves, overnight! Talk about easy..
The Sock Bun:
- Take an old sock, cut off the toe and roll it up. Place hair in a pony tail, then roll the sock down the hair.
- This great look for work or to sleep in creates full, luscious waves once you remove the sock bun.
The Sponge Roller:
- Wrap damp hair up into the sponge roller, rolling hair halfway to the root.
These sponge rollers are comfortable to sleep in, and you wake up with wavy ringlets to last you through the day.
- Twist hair around the pointer and middle fingers, following a figure 8.
- Secure with a hair band and sleep with you hair set. In the morning, hair will have full and beachy waves.
Photo Credit: Jason Setiawan