Must Try DIY: Trendy 7 For All Mankind-Inspired Shorts
Posted Wednesday May 16, 2012 3:00 PM GMT
Who wears short shorts? We do!
With the steady increase in warm, sun-filled days we’re shedding our skinny jeans and slipping into something a little more comfy and skin-revealing – trendy cutoff bottoms!
With all the fun clothing trends emerging this season, there is no shortage of chic, fantastic fashions! One of our favorite looks right now is printed-apparel. Noted design label, 7 For All Mankind, designs a haute pair of playfully-printed shorts we love: ‘Carlie’ Cutoff Denim Shorts.
These babies retail a bit on the pricey side. So, if you want to save a buck or two, DIY them!! Here’s how:
What you’ll need:
- Colored denim shorts
- A medium-sized paint brush
- Small glass container
*Be sure to do this project in a well-ventilated area!
- Once you’re in a well-ventilated area, lay your shorts on a flat surface and pour some bleach into the small glass container.
- Dip the brush into the bleach and draw alternating zigzag designs onto the shorts to imitate the design seen on the 7 For All Mankind version.
- The bleach may spread/bleed so start with small amounts.
- Let the shorts dry overnight and then rinse.