“Mean Girls” Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary: 10 Marvelous Moments of Fetch Fashion!
Posted Wednesday April 30, 2014 11:22 AM GMT
It was one of the best-loved cinematic underdogs of the 2000s, and it turns out “Mean Girls” was right on time with many of its style cues.
Still a favorite of film buffs the world over, the Tina Fey-penned high school dramedy boosted the careers of Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert and Amanda Seyfried as well as helped awkward teens figure out what to wear.
And in honor of the 10 year anniversary of “Mean Girls” (it hit theaters April 30th, 2004), we’re giving you 10 great looks that still hold up today.
1. Pink – The Plastics wore pink on Wednesdays, and it turns out the popular pastel is still a priority for springtime style this season.
2. Activewear - Regina and her crew all looked amazing in their P.E. attire, putting an emphasis on slim-fitting tops and bottoms with youthful colors.
3. Tailored Businesswear - Tina Fey found a way to flaunt her figure while still wearing conservative-looking dresses and suits, a trend that still stands.
4. Sexy Halloween Costumes - While some college coeds take this too far, there’s nothing wrong with perking up a party with girlie getup and some carefully-calculated cleavage.
5. Androgynous Apparel - Janis Ian opted for a violet tuxedo for the big dance and we consistently see menswear-inspired looks on runways the world over.
6. Pumped-Up Coifs - Volume was the name of the game for Gretchen’s hairdo, and products like dry shampoo and surf spray are among the hottest sellers for maximum hairdo dominance today.
7. Crop Tops - With all the work and sacrifice to score a sexy stomach, ladies today love to show off their yummy tummies just like they did ten years ago.
8. Graphic Tees - For whatever reason, t-shirts with messages plastered across the front have never gone out of style. Just make sure you don’t overdo it!
9. Killer Handbags - Sometimes it’s worth a full month’s salary to score a purse that’ll make everyone else jealous. Just don’t forget to pay the rent first!
10. Being Yourself - While there are definitely guidelines for ensuring a good look, it’s just as important to stay true to who you are rather than selling out for frenemies.