Treat Your Tresses to this DIY Organic Dry Shampoo Solution!
Posted Monday April 30, 2012 4:17 PM GMT
One of the greatest emergency beauty products on the market right now is dry shampoo.
A savior to women everywhere, this savvy solution buys hair a little more time in between showers as well as in the mornings when preparing for your day! You can also apply to the mix to your mane come mid-afternoon if you notice your tresses getting a little greasy, all the while still leaving hair looking silky!
Well, we’ve conjured up a DIY project for an organic dry shampoo solution for you to try! All of these ingredients can be found at your local health store and the creation process is not long at all! So go ahead and try this out!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsps. Organic Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Tbsps. Kaolin Clay
- 1 Tsp Organic Horsetail Powder
- 6 drops essential oil of your choice.
- 2 Mixing bowls
- 1 Sieve
- 1 Whisk
- One empty spice jar
- In mixing bowl, combine the arrowroot powder, kaolin clay and horsetail powder together until well blended.
- Next, carefully drip about six drops of our essential oil into the mixture. *Lumping may occur.
- Now, take your sieve and over another bowl, sift the solution thoroughly until only small clumps are left.
- Take a spoon and gently press the clumps through the sieve. Scrap them along the surface to break them down more so that you get as much of the clumps to fall through as possible. You want to get as much as possible into the bowl so that you don’t leave behind any of the essential oils.
- Whisk the powder vigorously until it becomes a light, fluffy substance.
- Spoon into an old spice container so that you can easily sprinkle the solution onto your roots when necessary!