DIY Burberry-Inspired Studded Trench
Posted Wednesday November 9, 2011 1:10 PM GMT
Burberry jackets are fashionably mesmerizing and totally haute!
One of our favorite Burberry coats is the Burberry Prorsum Studded Garadine Trench Coat.
This is not your ordinary trench. It’s bedecked with spike and cone studs, making for one extremely swanky and desirable coat. The trench screams style, class and at the cost of $2,819, money. Before you forgo all of your studded trench dreams, try out this DIY project.
If you follow these steps, you’ll create a trench that completely resembles the Burberry Prorsum Studded Garadine Trench Coat. You’ll be looking fierce and fabulous in no time! So, grab your studs and pliers and let’s start piercing away!
What you’ll need:
- Trench coat
- Silver spikes and cone studs with prongs that pierce through fabric.
- Round nose pliers
- Measuring stick (optional)
- Decide where you want to place the spikes/studs. If you’re looking to mimic the Burberry Prorsum Studded Garadine Trench Coat then you’ll be placing the embellishments strictly on the arms of your trench. You can play around with the placement of the spikes/cones by putting them on the lapels of the trench as well as on the belt.
- You can eyeball the placement of your spikes/cones or you can use a measuring stick for more precise placements.
- Press the prongs through the trench fabric.
- Use the round nose pliers to bend the prongs on the inside on the coat.
- Now wear it with confidence!