Do It Yourself: Ombré Bleached Shorts
Posted Saturday August 16, 2014 10:03 AM GMT
First, we fell in love with the ombré hair trend, but now, the two-toned look is taking the world by storm.
From the runway, mani's and even wedding cakes, this trend is here to stay, especially for summer 2014. However, incorporating this color fad into your wardrobe can be quite costly — until now.
It's time to take your dull Daisy Dukes and turn them into a trendsetting pair of ombré denims duds on a dime, literally.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create the hautest statement piece of the season.
What you’ll need:
- Fill the bucket with one part bleach and one part water.
- Dip the shorts into the bucket (as far as you want the fade to begin).
- Let soak for approximately ten minutes until lightened (depending on how dark your denim is it may take longer).
- Remove from bucket and wash off the bleach with cold water and dry.
- Take scissors and cut across the bottom for a fringed/destroyed look.
- Rock them.