Barefoot Beauty: Give Your Tootsies TLC with This DIY Scrub
Posted Monday August 25, 2014 9:03 AM GMT
We don’t know about you, but we’re foot scrubbing, toe polishing, and sandal wearing machines.
However, we'll admit during the winter we tend to forget about our feet ... oops. With the weather finally warming up, it’s time to give our tootsies some serious TLC.
A day spent at the spa can break the bank, so we found a DIY scrub that will save your salary and cure your cracked feet. Instantly.
Salt is an excellent exfoliate, detoxifier and skin softener, and sweet almond oil is a magical moisturizer – put these ingredients together with lemon and fresh thyme and you have yourself a concoction you'll be dying to share with your BFFs this summer.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Cup kosher salt
- ½ Cup pure organic almond oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 Teaspoons of fresh thyme
- Pour kosher salt into a clean container with a lid.
- Add lemon zest and thyme.
- Pour the almond oil over the top.
- Stir the ingredients together and screw the lid on tightly.
- Start scrubbing away!
- The scrub will last up to 6 month when stored in room temperature.