Bye, Bye Blackheads: Try this At-Home Remedy for Clear, Radiant Skin!
Posted Wednesday June 6, 2012 11:45 AM GMT
Blackheads: we all get them and we all deal with them, no need to be ashamed, ladies.
These unsightly little suckers always seem to pop up at the most inopportune of times and right in all the wrong places like on the tips of our noses or smack dab in the middle of our foreheads (oh, the agony).
With all the products we put on our faces, it’s no wonder our pores clog so often. Blackhead-ridden complexions are screaming out for some relief, and we have just the concoction to lend you that and clear skin!
It’s a basil and lavender steam facial that if used once a week, can lend you the flawless skin you crave. Basil possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which help to reduce breakouts and the lavender oil is fabulous for cleansing clogged pores. After the steam facial, you’ll apply a baking soda/water paste which is an excellent natural skin exfoliant.
So, what are you waiting for? Say bye, bye to those stubborn blackheads and hello to lovely, radiant skin!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Cups of Water
- 5 – 8 Drops of Lavender Oil
- Handful of Basil
- Baking Soda
- Mix the baking soda and a little bit of water together to make a paste. Set aside.
- Combine the water, lavender oil, and basil in a pan on the stove.
- Turn heat up to medium heat and let the mixture boil for about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Once it comes to a boil and has simmered for the appropriate amount of time, turn off heat and place your face over the pot, allowing the steam to graze your face for about 10 minutes.
- Now, take the baking soda paste and massage into skin. Allow it to dry.
- Rinse off with cool water and moisturize afterwards.
Tip: For an even greater steam facial experience, drape a towel over your head while you hang over the steam to trap in the moisture.