Cold Air, Don’t Care: An Avocado Face Mask to Ward Off Dry Skin
Posted Saturday December 15, 2012 3:23 PM GMT
Could your skin use a little pick-me-up right now? Ours, too.
The frigid temps have got our complexion looking rather lackluster, and well, that’s just not going to fly.
So, in order to restore our healthy glow, we’ve concocted an all-natural face mask which contains moisturizing avocado, redness-reducing cucumber and green clay, which is rich in minerals. The recipe also calls for a splash of lemon juice to help break down dead skin cells with the aid of alpha-hydroxy acids.
We say, cut up a few cucumber slices and lay them on your eyes while you bask in all this beautifying DIY glory!
What you’ll need:
- 1 small avocado (2/3 cup mashed)
- ½ small cucumber (1/3 cup finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons green clay powder (can be found at natural food stores)
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Using a fork, blend everything together.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Apply a thick layer of the mask to clean, dry skin (avoiding your eye area).
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water, then, follow with a moisturizer.