DIY Eye-Makeup Remover/Cleansing Wipes
Posted Monday October 17, 2011 3:08 PM GMT
If you wear makeup then you are no stranger to makeup remover wipes. These are a great product to have on hand if you’re looking for a quick solution to facial cleanliness.
However, it’s not hard to go through a pack of these a week – making for a very expensive personal hygiene regimen. There is a way you can make these particular wipes yourself with just a few household products! The great thing about this DIY project is that you can do so without any harmful ingredients or harsh drying agents. Your skin will thank you!
What you’ll need:
- 1 32-ounce plastic container
- 1 roll of paper towels (the thicker the better)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 cups water
- 1 squirt of your favorite facial cleanser
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Take a large, non-serrated knife and cut the paper towel roll in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups of water with 1-2 Tbsp. of coconut oil.*
- Add a squirt of facial cleanser into the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the 32-ounce plastic container.
- Place the cut paper towel roll into the mixture, fuzzy side down (Don’t remove the cardboard roll yet).
- Place lid on the container, turn upside-down and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and remove the cardboard paper towel roll.
- Now pop up the first wipe for easy grabbing!
* Coconut oil has a melting point of 76 degrees. So if it’s solid when you open the container, you’ll need to warm it up. To do so, take the amount you’ll need, put it in a saucepan with a bit of your water (about ¼ c. of what you’re using) and heat it enough to melt. It won’t take long at all so make sure you’re watching it. Once melted, pour the mixture into the remaining 1¾ cups of water in the mixing bowl.