Give Skin a Sweet Treat With This DIY Cinnamon Sugar Scrub
Posted Tuesday January 7, 2014 1:29 PM GMT
Sugar, spice, and everything … cinnamon! While it's no secret that the sweet seasoning is perfect for baking, it's a lesser-known fact that it's actually great for pampering, too.
How? It's grainy texture acts as an ideal aid in exfoliation — something you should do at least once a week — especially during the winter months.
Rid yourself of rough skin and reveal a smoother, healthier outer layer with our at-home cinnamon-sugar body scrub recipe, below.
What you need:
- 3 Cups of brown sugar
- 2 Cups of whole oats
-1 ½ Cups light olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
- Combine the brown sugar, oats and olive oil together in a bowl
- Add in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Mix well
- Massage onto skin while in the shower for five minutes
- Rinse and moisturize