Make a Detoxifying Facial Mask with this Seasonal Fave – Cranberries!
Posted Tuesday January 1, 2013 11:59 AM GMT
There are many foods that prove to be just as beneficial for the outside of your body as they are on the inside: avocados, bananas, honey and one of our personal faves, cranberries.
A popular edible staple throughout the season, these bountiful berries carry with them a variety of health benefits. When applied topically, these babies help to detoxify skin, and reduce redness and inflammation immediately.
On top of all that, they’re also packed with Vitamin A, which helps to ward off free radicals, lend moisture, and even fight pre-mature aging!
If you’re looking to get in on all this beautification, here’s a DIY facial mask that’ll have you reaping all the benefits above!
What you’ll need:
- 6 tablespoons of fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Boil the cranberries in a small pot until they become mushy.
- Drain the excess water from the pot.
- Mash the cranberries together until they form a paste.
- Next, mix in the yogurt and the olive oil.
- Then, stir in the honey.
- Once the recipe has cooled down, massage onto face, and leave on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water, then moisturize!
*Make sure the product has COMPLETELY cooled down before using.
By Jessica Bruno